Sunday, May 11, 2008

The Best Mother's Day Ever!


Mother's Day is always special, but this Mother's Day was one that I'll remember for the rest of my life! I got a "Greatest Mom in the World" certificate and a BEAUTIFUL jewelry box (made out of Popsicle sticks) from Emma, and a flower pot and cut out hand print from El (her teachers at daycare helped with that gift). I loved everything, but I have to say, the best gift of all was watching Emma get Baptized Sunday night at church! This was a decision that Emma made a few weeks ago, all on her own. She had been asking questions about being saved and about God for a while. It was very important to Jeb and I that we teach her and talk to her about it and answer every question that she had but not to force the issue on her. We wanted it to be something that She wanted to do for herself.......not because she thought it was what we wanted her to do. She truly understands what it all means and how important this decision is! We are all so proud of her and of the young girl she is growing up to be. I was able to get a "behind the scenes" view of her getting baptized! I cannot begin to describe the overwhelming feelings of pride, joy, love and relief that poured over me all at once when I watched my little girl be Baptized in the name of the One and Only Jesus Christ! I will never forget the day that Emma was born 7 years ago! And I will never forget this day, May 11th, 2008, when she was born again!!

5 comments:

The Lane's said...

That just made me cry tears of happiness! What a blessing! I pray that she always remembers this day too and follows Jesus for the rest of her life!!!

Kim said...

How exciting! I know that you are so proud of Emma! You and Jeb are raising such a great little girl and her decision to follow Jesus is proof of your awesome parenting!!

Www.whughes.blogspot.com said...

that's awesome!!

loni lamons hodge said...

Meems - Uncle Justin and I can't begin to tell you how proud we are! We were so happy that day you called us to let us know "you were a christian".
We love you so much and are proud to know that you love Jesus like we do!

Maggie M. Cooper said...

lacy-this made me cry!:) this is so special, and i know you are so proud of her!