Saturday, November 1, 2008

A Spooktacular Event ~


Em's been asking since last Halloween if she could have a Halloween Party. Since Ella was born on the 22nd, I just didn't think I could manage it last year! So when she asked again this year, I finally gave in. Em and her friend, Caroline, hosted their first halloween party at our house Friday night! We thought it would be fun to do a halloween scavenger hunt. So Friday afternoon, Lisa (Caroline's Mom) and I hid 10 spooky clues all around our cul de sak! Luckily my neighbors didn't mind having 15 kids running thru their yards! The rules were simple; no crossing the street (they had to run back and forth thru the yards), whoever finds the clue gets to read it, but they can't read it until the rest of the group is there. It was so fun to watch! When one of them would find a clue, they'd start yelling "GUYS! I FOUND IT!" The last clue, which read:

Tonight is not all fright and fear, a trick or treat is waiting near

look for the spider with the tiny red eyes, His 8 hairy legs are guarding your prize!

led them to 4 cauldrons full of candy, prizes, and treats! We all had a great time! We might even make it an annual spooktacular event!

3 comments:

Mimi said...

Looks like a fun party Em....you have some scary looking friends!

We are the Smith Family said...

I love it! Lacy...you amaze me with your creativity! What fun...wish I could have been there for the hunt! I also love Emma's costume! Spooktacular!

The Lane's said...

You are a creative mom for sure - much like your own momma. I remember a scavenger hunt she did for Lori's birthday one year that was a lot of fun all over Pleasant Grove.