Friday, September 4, 2009

Home Grown ~

Along with house came a small orchard! We have:


red/green apples
figs
grapes
pears
muscadines
blackberries
blueberries
pecans
and Walnuts!

We've picked more fruit in the last 2 months than any of us have ever picked in our whole lives.....ever! Especially blueberries, blackberries, and grapes! I made a ton of cobblers and blueberry pancakes (see picture below) but that wasn't good enough....Jeb wanted jelly! I have no clue how to make jelly! Surprised? Lucky for me, my Mamaw and Papa can! The last time they visited they took home a bag full of grapes and made 8 jars of jelly! Then they called to tell me how good it was and give me detailed instructions on how to make it.....apparently I was going to make it! So, with a little help from papa, I made 4 jars of grape jelly.....really good grape jelly! It taste nothing like the stuff I buy from the store! Now I can add "jelly making" to my list of things I've learned from Mamaw and Papa!





This is just what I had picked that day! Jeb, Emma, and El also had bags full!

mmmm....Blueberry Pancakes!




Grape Jelly!

4 comments:

Nana said...

What a harvest!! Ella seems to be enjoying herself with the pancakes. You may be able to open your own Pancake Pantry. Yum! Yum!

Nana said...

I'm so glad you are blogging again..I have missed it!!!

We are the Smith Family said...

WoW....I am impressed..and a bit jealous!!! I am not much for gardening but am sooo thankful my hubby is as the bounty is sooo enjoyable!!! The pancakes and jellies look delicious!!! We hope to see your wonderfl new home real soon!!! Thank you for posting and sharing!!! Hope you had a great bday as well!!!

Mimi said...

Good job! Papa and Mamaw will be proud!