Thursday, October 9, 2008

Well....

........as we were all rushing out of the house this morning, headed to work, school, daycare, etc., I noticed my driver's side door was open and the interior light was not on. Of course, I immediately turned to Jeb to ask why he left my door open last night (he had been getting some of his things out of my car) and to let him know that we were now all going to be late because since I was parked behind him and it was obvious that the battery was dead (since the interior light wasn't on) He wasn't going to be able to leave either! But.........I got in and it cranked right up.....a miracle! Not thinking another thing about it, we all went about our day as usual. So this evening, as I'm rushing out again (that's typically how it goes these days), I get in my car and ask Jeb for his GPS so I can put in the address of my destination and he says "what do you mean, it's in your car?".....and then it all hits at once. That's right.....someone stole the GPS out of my car last night, while it was sitting in our driveway! For all of you screaming at me through the screen, NO, I DID NOT HAVE THE DOORS LOCKED. I realize I probably should have, seeing as how the last time they bypassed the car and just knocked on the door. However, I do not feel, in any way, responsible! Personally, I don't think I should have to lock my doors. It's MY car, in MY driveway, with MY things inside! What gives ANYONE the right to take MY stuff? Honestly, I could care less about the GPS....it's the fact that someone saw something they wanted in my car and just helped themselves. At the risk of sounding VERY NAIVE, I just don't see how some people have no conscience, whatsoever. I hate the fact that we've lived here for 5 years now, in what has always been a pretty low key, family oriented neighborhood, and then a couple of college "hoods" move in and bring their "hood" friends and think they can just take over. I hate the fact that for the first time, EVER, I'm questioning whether or not I still want to live in Auburn. I hate the fact that I actually checked to make sure Ella's "little people school bus" was brought in because you never know when someone might decide they want it! I realize that stuff like this happens everywhere, everyday, no matter where you live. I LOVE Auburn and always will. It holds a huge part of my heart. But I have also realized that, no matter how much we want it to be, it's just not the place for us.

1 comments:

We are the Smith Family said...

I am so very sorry....I had my car stolen in Columbus in my own driveway! I understand completely! It is sad what we have to do in our own driveway....what a world we live in. It is a good thing though that the blessings out weight the negative! Hang in there.....again, so sorry! I know how a GPS can come in handy as we use ours lots!