Friday, June 13, 2008

Teen Moms ~

I have recently began working with a volunteer/mentor program called Teen Moms. It is a division of Youth for Christ and fairly new to our area. Teen Moms is an organization where pregnant or parenting teens can go for advice, help and support during this very scary time. Since it is a christian-based organization, we also have the privilege of sharing God's word and letting them know how much He loves them no matter what situation they are in. This is something that I've been wanting to do for a while. My plan was to wait until Jeb finished school and then find a place where I could give back a little of what was given to me 7 years ago. However, this was not God's plan! He placed this opportunity right in front of me. At first, I was very nervous about taking this on. I wasn't sure how I was going to balance my time between Teen Moms, Work, and Jeb and the girls; and I wasn't too sure that I was fully equipped to be a "mentor" to anyone! But I was soon reminded by a very good friend that God doesn't call the equipped, HE EQUIPS THE CALLED! After hearing that (and after a TON of praying) I had no choice but to dive right in! I'm so excited about what the future holds for this organization! Hopefully I will be able to give the love and support to one of these girls, that our parents continue to give to us. I also called on all of my wonderful friends and family for any donations they might have to give to our "Blessings for Baby" store. The girls can earn "baby bucks" by coming to meetings, meeting with their mentor, learning Bible verses, etc, to be used in the store. Not long after i sent the email I was reminded of just how awesome my friends and family are. I posted a few pictures below of everything that has been donated thus far! I am so blessed to be surrounded by such loving, generous people! Please continue to pray for these girls and the future of this organization! I know God will do great things with this!!








0 comments: