Monday, February 23, 2009

My Sisters ~

For the last 27 years I have taken for granted how truly blessed I am to have two sisters. I've realized over the past several days that I'm not as "strong" as I thought I was. There were several times when LONI was telling ME "it's OK!"....rather than the other way around! We all have very different personalities (which can sometimes lead to conflict). However, I now know that God has been preparing us for this situation our whole lives. I was there with Loni, in her hospital room, making jokes and getting an attitude with the staff (very typical), and Lori flew in from Texas and cleaned their house, bought groceries, etc. before they arrived home (also very typical). Each job being of equal importance, God knew who would be best at doing what, to comfort Loni and Justin! And Loni.....SHE was the strong one! Her faith (along with Justin's) was inspiring. So to my sisters, I'm sorry for not saying it more throughout the years, but I love you both with all of my heart and it's because of you that I am who I am.

Having said that......this is to my sweet niece, Maddox, who will always hold a very special place in my heart ~

Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord your soul He’ll keep.
I praise Him for His grace and Peace. I thank Him for my precious niece.
My tears of grief and sorrow slowly fade with each new day.
I now shed tears of joy for the lives you’ll touch along the way.
I will not continue to ask “Why”; it is not for me to understand.
Yet I can still find rest and peace, for I know you’re in His hands.
I will not mourn our time together because I know that one day soon
We’ll be holding hands and dancing while angels sing a joyous tune!
Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord your soul He’ll keep.
He promises we’ll meet again; My precious Maddox, until then....

6 comments:

We are the Smith Family said...

Just beautiful.....your words are so touching! I know your sisters feel the same way...it is amazing what times like these will do!

Nana said...

..OMG! You did it again! Absolutely beautiful!!!!! Your words are so heartfelt and soothing. What a gift!

loni lamons hodge said...

i love you too and i think you know that. you know that no matter how angry we get at each other, there will never be a day that i don't want you as my sister! you're the best and i know that any time i need anything all i have to do is call you or lori...maddox knows just how lucky she is and she'll forever watch us down here and make sure we're taken care of....

loni lamons hodge said...

oh and i know you're in the process of printing and sending me that poem, right?????

The Goodrichs said...

i love you too

Mimi said...

Needing and loving each other is how it is supposed to be...I am so proud of all of you and love you all three.....mom