Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Back to school ~



Emma started her first day of second grade monday! It's hard to believe that summer is already over......and even harder to believe that Emma is in SECOND grade! I know everyone says that they grow up so fast, but it's the truth! When I look at Ella, I can't help but to think about when Emma was her age. It doesn't seem like it's been that long ago! But as I walked her into her classroom Monday, carrying her Hannah Montana Backpack and lunchbox, I realized it HAD been that long ago! My baby, the one who completely changed my outlook on life and what it's really about, is no longer a baby! She's an amazing young lady, more than eager to begin her second grade year! We're so lucky! I know she'll have a great year!!

4 comments:

Nana said...

Wow! She looks like a second grader too! Larger desks and chairs with our Emma sitting up straight and tall. She is an added decoration for the room. I am sure Emma will have a great year. She's such a sweet young lady! We love you Miss Emma.
Nana and Poppy

The Goodrichs said...

I cant believe she is in 2nd grade either..... she was so big when she was here..... I miss her (yall) so much and I am very proud of all 4 of you.....

We are the Smith Family said...

Wow....what a big-little lady!!! Emma...you look beautiful in blue! Hope you enjoy this year to the fullest!!! We love you!! Aunt Kelli and Uncle Shannon

Mimi said...

That's our girl....second grade and ready to go......can't wait to see what all you learn this year EM! We are so proud of you and love you very, very much!