Saturday, August 23, 2008

Em's first sleepover ~

For Emma's birthday, this year, we decided to do a sleepover! We agreed on inviting only 6 girls but somehow that turned into 9! Since Emma only had one friend that couldn't make it, we had 8 girls + Emma spend the night! This was the first time Emma's EVER had spend the night company.....we probably should have eased our way into it a little more! I moved as much as I could out of the living room and into my bedroom and pushed all of the furniture against the wall! We needed to make as much space as possible! Since this was a "Hannah Montana" sleepover, we decided to do a photo shoot (with the life-size Hannah cut-out) complete with hair, makeup and wardrobe. Luckily, I had two sweet friends that I roped into coming over and helping me do 9 girl's hair and makeup! WOW.......talk about MASS CHAOS! By the time we were finished taking all of the girls pictures (each with 2 wardrobe changes) you couldn't even walk through the house! We had several things for them to choose from to wear. Let me just say, each of them picked their own outfit and accessories........I had NOTHING to do with all of these different "looks". There were some good ones! The last girl finally went to sleep at 1:30 am! It was a LONG NIGHT! However, Emma had a blast! I'm so glad she finally got to experience the fun of a sleepover! It wasn't quite as wild as I thought it would be.......but next year I think we'll just stick to something simple! I'm going to need a couple of years to recover!!! These are just a few of the highlights......I put the rest in a slide show! Enjoy!

No, you're not seeing things........her hair IS crimped!


All of the girls with Hannah, after the photo shoot was over ~


I definitely had my hands full.......notice the bunny ears!


This pretty much sums up the night.......and the next morning!

3 comments:

We are the Smith Family said...

Wow...what a night! I am sure it is one that all you will never forget! Emma...I think you should go on tour with Hannah!

Mimi said...

Yep...I remember that feeling well....don't worry it won't be the last.....looks like they had a great time......and a great BD

Nana said...

Love this picture! Does the word "sleepover" still sound like a good idea? Emma will never forget her 7th birthday..and neither will all of us! Happy birthday Emma!!!
Nana