Wednesday, July 30, 2008

A room fit for EMMA ~


Jeb and I decided to surprise Emma with an all new "big girl" room when she gets home Saturday....after all, she's not a baby anymore! We got new bunk beds (which can be made into 2 twin beds when we move). Ella will have to use the bottom one when she grows out of her crib, but for now it will be a "loft" on top for Em to play, read, watch tv, etc. She can sleep on the bottom. She's growing up so fast! She'll be starting 2nd grade in a few weeks so we thought it was only appropriate for her to have her own desk and study area in her room! Jeb's mom gave us the desk. It was painted yellow when we got it so we had to make it look a little more "Emma" like. So we painted it white and added really pretty, "girly", glass knobs. I added her initials on top (which turned out great, if I do say so myself!) and ordered a piece of glass to go over it. Throw in some super soft, hot pink bedding and a lime green shag rug and there you have it....a room fit for no one other than Emma! She's been so wonderful since Ella arrived. She hasn't complained (too much) about not always being the center of attention. She helps out a ton! She means so much to Jeb and I, more than she'll ever really know! I'm so excited about being able to do something special, just for her. She'll be home Sat so I'll post more pictures of her after she sees it. I hope she likes it!

2 comments:

We are the Smith Family said...

Oh wow...I love it! I want a big girls room!!! Great job Lacy! Emma will be thrilled!

tmiller said...

Love it!